Monday, April 5, 2010

The beach: Part 2

As I prepare myself to move back to Chicago I'm trying to take some time to enjoy this place that I live. My dear friend Katie called me up the other day and asked if I wanted to drive along Hwy 1 and take some pictures (she really must know me well, huh?). So that's exactly what we did...



A stop at the tide pools... of course the only thing we saw was a half-dead crab. But she'd never been there so her excitement made it worth it. Sometimes I forget how amazing this place is, but there was something about have a camera in hand that reminded me of how lucky I am (and made me wonder why the heck I'm moving back to Chicago).


The waves were huge and came in droves, crashing into the rocks sending their cold spray straight for us. There were a few times when I was sure that we'd be swept away or at least end up with very wet legs, but somehow we managed to esacpe the ocean's grip (barely).


Pebble beach was on the agenda as well. This is one of my favorite places to go. (for those who have never been there the beach is all pebbles and when the water sweeps over it it sounds like a giant rain maker) When I was in 5th grade we went there on an Outdoor Ed field trip and got to pick our favorite pebble and put it in a pebble hotel (see the second picture for an example of what a pebble hotel looks like). Mine was green. I took a picture of it. It was blurry.


We finished up our trip by visiting my favorite place in the entire world... the buckeye grove. I think it speaks for itself.


No comments: