Thursday, April 8, 2010

Backyard

Yesterday I grabbed my camera and headed into the backyard to snap a few pics. Not much is in bloom yet and other than plants, there's not much happening in our yard. The cat, of course, is always a good subject, but he was just not in the mood to be photographed. Or maybe he was, and that's why he kept head butting the camera. It took me a good 20 minutes to get the following picture since Mudles (the cat) insisted on throwing himself at me every 2 seconds. Anyway, Tracey took some pics the other day of this particular flower that inspired me, and it happens we have the same ones in our yard, so I thought I'd try my luck with it.


There were these 2 unusually cooperative bees who kept posing for me as well.


It was like they didn't even know I was there.


And the only shot of the cat that wasn't his blurred head coming at me...

1 comment:

penandview said...

Love the bokeh in the first one and the bees in the other. How very lucky! Oh, and love love love the kitty legs, and the processing you did to it. :)
Are you on Flickr? Another great place to show pix and see what others are doing, get feedback. Come join me there! Lots of fun free stuff too: actions, textures, etc. That's how I also get my pix onto my blog. No more loading from the computer. MUCH easier and faster...AND your photos are off of the blogger's property.