Sunday, April 11, 2010

Camping... Pebble Beach

Our camping journey started with a drive down Hwy 1. Stop #1 was the bakery in Pescadaro where we got fresh artichoke bread and cinnamon bread (something I ate freqently as a child). Then on to Pebble Beach we went. My second time there in a week! This place fascinates me beyond belief. How do you, within the span of a mile, have a sandy beach, a rocky cliff, tide pools, and a beach covered in pebbles? (If anyone knows the answer to that, please, speak up)

There, of course, was the joyous tossing of the pebbles...


Plenty of laughter after shoving pebbles down Katie's shirt....


I'm beginning to find that carrying my camera along and documenting life is giving me a new appretiation for the beauty surrounding me. I've grown so familiar with this place that I live that I don't see it anymore. But when I get home and upload my pictures on my computer and sit down to edit them, suddenly I see what I may have missed before. I see these moments that I captured, moments that I didn't fully realize until I got to look at them again. I love that a camera does that. And I am learning, slowly, how to be in a moment with my camera without intruding on that moment...



No comments: