Monday, October 3, 2011

Kisses from Katie

I want to introduce you to someone...



Her name is Katie Davis and she lives in Jinja, Uganda. She has 13 little girls that call her mama.

Her book "Kisses from Katie" is coming out tomorrow. I would encourage you to hear her story, look at the faces of her girls and the work she's doing there. Pray for her. And buy her book.

___________________________________________________________________________

Some days I wonder about this place, wonder if I'll ever end up there again. Wonder if that call on my life was taken away or if I'm just not listening. Wondering why I went there in January, why my heart doesn't long to be here the way it used to. I used to long for a life like Katie's, felt the call on my life to be in Uganda. Where did that go? Where did the faces and lives that were so deeply written on my heart go? Why aren't they there anymore? Was it because when I brought him there he became a more important part of my life than that place was, that I realized I'd choose him over Uganda, that I no longer needed my life to be tied to that one place, that I could go anywhere with him and love it? Or was it something else? Was he never supposed to be there? I'm trying to feel His leading, to let him pull my heart where He desires it. I'm praying that God can use this book to remind me of my heart's desire if it's still His. That I could listen if He asked me to go back there.





"And wisdom will honor everyone who will learn
To listen, to love, and to pray and discern
And to do the right thing even when it burns
And to live in the light through treacherous turns
A man is weak, but the spirit yearns
To keep on course from the bow to the stearn
And throw overboard every selfish concern
That tries to work for what can’t be earned
Sometimes the only way to return is to go,
Where the winds will take you

And to let go, of all, you cannot hold onto
For the hope, beyond,the blue
No one comes unless they’re drawn
By the voice of desire that leads em’ along
To the redemption of what went wrong
By the blood that coveres the innocent one
No more separation
Between us.

So lift your voice just one more time
If there’s any hope may it be a sign
That everything was made to shine
Despite what you can see
So take this bread and drink this wine
And hide your spirit within the vine
Where all things will work by a good design
For those who will believe

And let go, of all, we cannot hold onto
For the hope, beyond, the blue"

-Josh Garrels, beyond the blue
(You can download his entire album free HERE)

1 comment:

Elise said...

I am so challenged by her... I can't wait to read her book.